Huronia Regional Centre was the only facility that had its own cemetery for the residents who died there.
Before 1958, gravestones were marked with registration numbers only. This was to protect the privacy of the resident and their family. A new section was added to the cemetery in 1953. Starting in 1958, all gravestones were marked with the resident's name, year of birth and year of death.
The last institutional burial was in 1971. After 1971, all residents who passed away at the institution were buried in municipal cemeteries according to the wishes of their families.
There are 571 marked graves and an estimated 1,440 unmarked graves.
In 1990, a monument was erected with the following inscription.