What we do
We manage the implementation of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 by developing and enforcing accessibility standards.
We help 360,000 private and non-profit sector organizations and 1,000 public sector organizations across Ontario understand and meet their obligations under the act.
- public education and guidance
- compliance assistance
- tools and resources, and
- inspections and enforcement.
Our service standards
We are committed to the government’s goal of making Ontario accessible by 2025 by:
- developing accessibility standards
- driving social change through policy, education, outreach and compliance
- supporting an engaged and effective workplace
- forging strategic partnerships, and
- demonstrating results.
Measuring our results
- achieve the government’s policy, legislative and communication priorities on the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
- develop draft regulations for government approval
- identify and engage key champions in the public and private sectors and establish new partnerships
- take part at events, conferences and speaking engagements
- achieve successful private sector compliance rates with accessibility standards as they come into force, and
- identify opportunities to accomplish more with current government investments.