Filling out your Changes Report
At the end of every month, when you get your ODSP cheque or your direct bank deposit statement, you also get a Changes Report form.
When anything in your personal life changes, you have to let us know. This could include:
- a change in the amount of rent you pay
- a change in income you get from somewhere other than a job or a training program — such as child support
- the size of your family, or
- your address.
Why do I fill it out?
If you don't report your changes, you may not receive the right amount of Income Support at the end of the month. You will also have to pay back any money that you weren't supposed to receive.
When do I fill it out?
Even though you receive the Changes Report every month, you only have to fill it out and send it in when you have new information to tell us about.
You fill out the Changes Report to tell us about any changes in your life that affect you, your spouse or any dependants who are living with you.
For example, you need to let us know if you:
- start or stop getting money that is not from a job or a paid training program, or if the amount changes — such as money from the Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance, Old Age Security, the National Child Benefit Supplement or child support
- receive or get rid of any assets — such as investments, property or vehicles
- have changes in what you pay for shelter — such as an increase or decrease in what you pay for rent, hydro or heating
- have changes in your living arrangements — such as people moving into or out of your home
- change your address
- change your phone number
- have changes to the size of your family — such as the birth of a child
- have been admitted to a hospital or institution
- will be leaving Ontario for more than 30 days.
When you have filled out the form:
- sign and date it
- attach copies of documents or receipts to verify your new information — such as a new rental agreement or a birth certificate.
When do I send it in?
When you have filled out the form, you need to get it into your local ODSP office as soon as possible, but no later than the 7th day of the following month.