You may qualify for Income Support if you:
- are 18 years of age or older
- live in Ontario
- are in financial need, and
- have a substantial physical or mental disability that:
- is expected to last a year or more, and
- makes it hard for you to care for yourself, take part in community life or work.
To determine if you are eligible to receive Income Support, we look at your:
- financial situation, and
- disability status.
We consider your and your family's income, assets, housing costs and the size of your family to calculate:
- if you qualify financially for Income Support and, if so
- how much you can receive.
You also need to meet the definition of "a person with a disability" as defined under the Ontario Disability Support Program Act.