If you are receiving Ontario Disability Support Program Income Support, you and your family may be able to get coverage for:

  • basic dental services
  • additional services if your disability, prescribed medications or prescribed treatment affects your oral health.

Eligible family members include:

  • your spouse and
  • your children under 18 years of age.

Children over 18 years of age may be able to get dental coverage through Ontario Works discretionary benefits.

How do I get this benefit?

A dental card will be mailed to you each month with your monthly cheque or statement. You can use this card for dental care services in the following month.

The card lists the names of all family members who are eligible for dental coverage.

Dental services under the Ministry of Community and Social Services Dental Care Plan may be provided by dentists and, in some cases, by independently operating dental hygienists.

The dental card should be presented to the dentist or dental hygienist before treatment. You must make sure that your dentist or dental hygienist is participating in the ministry's Dental Care Plan.

If you already have private dental coverage

You may ask your dentist to contact the ministry's dental administrator (AccertaClaim) for more information about the coordination of your dental benefits.

Learn more