The ministry funds non-profit organizations to provide interpreter and intervenor services to help people who are:

  • Deaf
  • deafened
  • hard of hearing, or
  • deafblind.

These services help people communicate in a variety of life settings, such as

  • medical
  • mental health
  • social services
  • employment
  • educational
  • legal, and
  • government services.

Interpreter services

  • help people who are Deaf, deafened or hard of hearing
  • are provided by the Canadian Hearing Society.

Intervenor services

  • help people who have a loss of both vision and hearing
  • are provided by:
    • Canadian Hearing Society
    • Canadian Helen Keller Centre
    • CNIB
    • Canadian Deafblind Association
    • DeafBlind Ontario Services
    • Rotary Cheshire Homes.

Learn more

Do you know someone who is Deaf?

To find out how to access interpretor and intervenor services, contact the Ministry of Community and Social Services Regional Office nearest you.

To find out more about services for Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing and deafblind, visit these websites: