This link will take you to the video : FRO Payments

Video: Processing payments


If you are paying support through the Family Responsibility Office, make your support payments directly through us, not to the support recipient.


If you send a support payment directly to the recipient, it does not show up on your account at FRO. That means we'll have to adjust your account so that it shows the right amount. We will charge the payor $100 every time we have to adjust the account.

If you don't want us to handle your support payments, you can withdraw your case from FRO. Learn how.

Once we receive the money, we send it to the support recipient usually within 24 to 48 hours of receiving the support payment.

If you are employed, we will arrange for support payments to be deducted from your income and sent to us. It may take some time for the employer to set up the automatic deductions. Until they are set up, you must send FRO the support payments directly.

Also, if you are self-employed, unemployed or not on a regular payroll, you must pay us directly.

Note: We recommend you keep records of your support payments. We do not issue year-end statements.

There are several ways you can pay support.

Pre-authorized debit (PAD) from your bank account

You can make pre-authorized support payments. Here's how:

Through your bank

The Family Responsibility Office is a registered payee with a number of major financial institutions. You can arrange to make your payments by telephone or online.

Telephone banking (telebanking)

Call the bank directly to register for this payment option.

RBC Royal Bank 1-800-769-2511
BMO 1-800-363-9992
TD Canada Trust 1-866-567-8888
CIBC 1-800-465-2422
Scotiabank 1-800-267-1234
HSBC 1-800-889-4522
Credit Union Central of Ontario Contact your credit union

Online banking

You can make your support payments online with the following banks:

Simply add us to your payee list by:

  • logging onto the bank's website.
  • choosing the Family Responsibility Office as the payee.
    • You'll find our name under "Ontario" and the sub-heading "government" or "other."
    • Under "account number," please enter your Family Responsibility Office case number. (Your case number always starts with 0 or 1 and is 7 digits long.)

Cheque or money order

Make your cheque or money order payable to: The Director, Family Responsibility Office and mail it to the Family Responsibility Office.

*Note: Always include your seven-digit FRO case number and your full name (including first and last names) on your payments and in all correspondence with us. Do not include your Personal Identification Number (PIN).

If you do not include your case number and name on the cheque, we will be unable to process the payment and you will be at risk of enforcement action.