If you haven’t received a payment in more than 30 days, please contact us right away.

Do not contact the payor’s employer or income source.

Payments may be late for several reasons, including:

  • postal delays
  • payments with missing/incorrect information (such as the wrong seven-digit case number), and
  • a change in the payor’s employment.

If the payor has not been making payments, we will first try to work with him/her to develop a payment plan for the amount that is owed, while making ongoing support payments.

If the payor does not enter into a payment plan, we can take enforcement action against him/her, including:

Interest on late payments

We do not automatically add interest to our accounts. If your court order includes a condition for interest, fill in the interest portion of the Statement of Arrears form and submit it to us. FRO will work to collect interest on your case.

FRO can only take enforcement action on interest that has built up because the support payor didn’t comply with the support order.

If payments are coming from the payor’s employer or other income source, the payor has no control over the schedule of payments. In this case, we will not enforce any interest owing for delays in payments.

If your order does not include an interest amount, you may still be eligible to receive interest. Based on the date of judgement (date of your court order), you can claim interest at a set percentage amount.

Learn more

Statement of Arrears form

To get instructions for completing interest calculations, see page 8 of the Instructions for Recipients of Family Support.

Prejudgment and postjudgment interest rates pursuant to section 127 of the Courts of Justice Act, R.S.O 1990, c. C. 43