If you are receiving Ontario Works and earning money from a job or a training program, you may still get help from Ontario Works.

As of September 1, 2013, you can earn up to $200 a month without having your financial support reduced. For every $1.00 you earn after that, Ontario Works will deduct $0.50 from the amount of money you receive from us.

This will continue until you become financially independent and no longer need it.

If you have a child, you can claim some of your child care costs. This means you can work while your child is being cared for. You may also continue to receive other benefits.

Reminder: You will need to submit a copy of your pay stubs and receipts when reporting your earnings and child care expenses.

For more information, please contact your local Ontario Works office.

Learn More: