On this page
While there are many people who genuinely need our help, there are unfortunately some who take unfair advantage of social assistance programs. We are committed to ensuring that the supports offered by these programs are provided to those who need it most.
If you suspect welfare fraud in Ontario, let us know. We take reports of fraud very seriously.
Please provide as much information as you can about the person you’re reporting, including:
- address (including city)
- why you believe this person is receiving assistance fraudulently.
You may report cases of suspected fraud by:
- completing an online report
- contacting local offices (Ontario Disability Support Program and/or Ontario Works)
- mailing, faxing information to your local office
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministry staff are bound by the privacy and confidentiality requirements of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and cannot confirm whether individuals are in receipt of social assistance and therefore cannot discuss the details of a fraud investigation with the person who filed the complaint.
For reports submitted via email or online form, please note that an automatic reply to your report will be provided however follow-up requests on reported allegations will not be actioned and multiple reports do not result in multiple investigations.